Celebrating the innovations of California Architects and to highlight exceptional design in our communities, the AIACC recognized the 2012 Design Award recipients at SCI-Arc on Thursday – Nov 8, 2012. The goal of this presentation was not only to honor quality design and recognize people for their outstanding contributions and service to the profession, but to engage in a meaningful dialogue about our role in shaping communities.
The program featured several awards programs – click on each for a complete list of recipients.
- Design Awards – acknowledging outstanding built projects
- Urban Design Awards – which recognizes distinguished achievements that involve the expanding role of the architect in urban design, city planning, and community development.
- Residential Awards – which recognize and celebrates outstanding achievements in residential architecture and design from Californian firms and architects
- 2013 Council Awards – which are the highest achievement awards bestowed on a group or individual. They include the Distinguished Practice Award, the Lifetime Achievement Award, and the Firm Award
- The Nathaniel A. Owings Award – (sponsored by the California Architectural Foundation) which recognizes projects by individuals or groups that demonstrate outstanding accomplishments in the reconciliation of nature and the built environment.
Want to see who was at the party?