|Registration Deadline:||January 9, 2015|
|Submittal Deadline:||January 23, 2015|
|Board of Directors Meeting:||February 20, 2015|
The firm must have produced distinguished architecture for a period of at least 10 years. Any individual or firm may nominate themselves or others for a Firm Award.
- The firm shall have evidenced great depth and a cumulative effect on the profession.
- The firm shall have evidenced great breadth and influenced in the profession of architecture.
- The firm’s work shall be a product of a collaborative environment that has consistently directed itself toward the future while remaining respectful of the past.
- The firm shall have developed a culture which educates and mentors the next generation of architects.
- The firm shall have evidenced the ability to transcend specific areas of expertise or shall have made connections between areas.
- The firm shall be widely known by the quality of its products both architects and non-architects.
Lifetime Achievement Award for Distinguished Service
Any individual or group may nominate themselves or others in recognition of outstanding contributions to the improvement of the built environment.
This award is the most significant honor presented by the AIACC for service to the profession. It is presented to an individual architect or group in recognition of outstanding contributions to the improvement of the built environment, or for contributions to furthering the aims and goals of the profession of architecture, or the AIA in California.
- A biography of the nominee, not to exceed two pages, including a list of offices, positions, honors, publications, and presentations that relate to the purpose of the award.
- A one-page statement of contributions that illustrates the effect of the work.
- Exhibits with images and/or drawings to illustrate accomplishments that relate to the purpose of the award.
- A minimum of three and maximum of five one-page letters of support, explicit in their recommendation, containing specific reasons for support (the one-page letter is to be written on company letterhead containing an original or electronic signature).
Distinguished Practice Award
Any individual may nominate themselves or others in recognition of significant contributions and accomplishments toward a specific building type or practice area.
The recipient of this award shall have a career of dedicated commitment to the built environment and who has demonstrated innovation in one or more of the following roles:
- As an advocate for design excellence
- As a leader in responding to the challenges of an individual building type
- As a collaborator within the design and construction process
- As an educator/mentor to other professionals in this practice area
- As a recipient of professional recognition in a specific practice area
- For leadership in other areas which advanced the architectural profession and/or the built environment.
2014 Firm Award
Fee – $295.00
2014 Lifetime Achievement Award for Distinguished Service
2014 Distinguished Practice Award
Submittal Guidelines and ID Forms / Registration