Have you ever wondered what it would be like to serve the architectural profession as a member of the AIACC Board? What the process is about and how you could assist to help implement change and be part of the process? Want to be more engaged in your organization and of greater service to your profession? We highly suggest running for one of the AIA/AIACC open offices. Elections will be held during the AIACC Board of Directors meeting Friday, November 6, 2015 at the Tsakopoulos Library Galleria in Sacramento. The Library Galleria is located at 828 I Street, Sacramento, CA 95814.
Open Position and Term
- 1st Vice President/President Elect / 2016
- Secretary/Treasurer / 2016-2017
- Vice President of Legislative Affairs / 2016-2017
- Vice President of Professional Practice / 2016-2017
- Vice President of the Academy for Emerging Professionals / 2016-2017
- AIA Regional Representative to the AIA Strategic Council / 2016-2018
- Associate Director, North / 2016-2017
- Young Architects Forum (YAF) Director, South / 2016-2017
- Student Director, North / 2016-2017
- Regional Associate Director / 2016-2017
No member of the AIACC Executive Committee shall engage in the endorsement, sponsorship or nomination of any candidate for AIACC office.
Wednesday, August 19, 2015 Call for Nominations published
Tuesday, September 8, 2015 Nominations Due (All positions)
Tuesday, September 8, 2015 List of Nominees posted on website and Relevance
Tuesday, October 20, 2015 Candidate Materials Due (photos, bios, philosophies)
Wednesday, October 28, 2015 Publicity for confirmed candidates distributed on website and in Relevance
Friday, November 6, 2015 Additional Nominations from the floor accepted during the AIACC annual meeting; Tsakopoulos Library Galleria, Sacramento, CA
Nomination Submittals – General Information (All Positions)
- Nominees must be AIACC members in good standing and be able to attend all regularly scheduled Board meetings.
- Nomination letters must be received on original letterhead with signature by the posted deadline of 5:00 p.m.
- To facilitate receipt of nomination letters by deadline, a copy may be faxed by the 5:00 p.m. deadline to: (916) 442-5346, with original to follow by mail.
- Nominations for any office not received by posted deadline must be made from the floor by 2/3 vote of the AIACC Board of Directors, Friday, November 6, 2015 in Sacramento, California at the Annual meeting.
- Candidate materials received by posted deadlines will be published to AIACC membership; full candidate biographies to be posted on website: aiacc.org
- Attention: Robert DeGrasse, AIA, Secretary/Treasurer
AIA California Council
1303 J Street, Ste. 200,
Sacramento, CA 95814
(916) 442-5346 Fax
Email questions to: email@example.com
Candidates Must Provide (All Positions):
All candidates for open positions who meet the filing deadline shall provide below information by 5:00 p.m. Tuesday, October 20, 2015.
- A resume, or a biography
- 100 words or less,
- Summarizing candidate’s background, including education, professional history and service to the profession.
- A statement of philosophy
- 200 words or fewer,*
- Expressing candidate’s philosophy, goals and objectives in serving in this office.
*Candidates for Secretary/Treasurer are allowed 300 words or fewer
- A business portrait
- Full-color or black and white, professional business pose
- Either original photograph or electronic image
- E-photos: please save as a 300 dpi TIFF file, average size is 2” x 3”.
- Send to the attention of:
AIACC/Hillary Krek, Executive Assistant
1303 J Street, Ste. 200
Sacramento, CA 95814
(916) 448-9082 Phone
(916) 442-5346 Fax
AIACC Nominations Submission Requirements:
For nominations received by deadline at 5:00 p.m. Tuesday, September 8, 2015:
- One nomination letter:
- This letter should not exceed two pages in length
- Announced via the AIACC website and in AIACC newsletter
- Nominations received by this date will be:
- Full candidate biographies will only be published on the website
AIA Regional Director Nominations Submission Requirements:
The nomination process for AIA Regional Director is different from the process required for the AIACC open positions. The nomination may be by one of two methods:
- By a petition of signatures of at least 10 AIACC members in good standing; or
- By resolution of any California Chapter’s Executive Committee or Board of Directors.
The nominees for the 2016 open positions will be verified by the AIACC Secretary/ Treasurer, Procedures & Documents Committee, and the AIA Executive Assistant. Qualifying nomination packages will then be forwarded to AIACC Communications for publication on the AIACC website and newsletter. The election for all open positions will be held during the AIACC Annual Board of Directors meeting, Friday, November 6, 2015 at the Library Galleria in Sacramento, CA. Candidates for all offices will give a speech of up to four minutes (specific time allotment will be announced October 28, 2015).
For more information on the roles and responsibilities of the open offices, please contact AIACC Executive Assistant, Hillary Krek at (916) 642-1711 or firstname.lastname@example.org.