With the upcoming retirement of Executive Vice President Paul Welch, Jr., AIACC president Jana Itzen, AIA, has named an EVP Transition Task Force to lead the development and implementation of an effective recruiting process. The Task Force is to prepare and distribute national recruiting announcements, interview candidates, and recommend finalists for review and selection in collaboration with the Executive Committee. The finalist will be ratified by the Board of Directors in November.
In coordination with the Executive Committee, Itzen selected task force members who are active in the AIACC membership, with the goal of achieving the diversity in areas of gender, ethnicity, geography, professional experience, and type and size of practice.
The transition process timeline announced by the task force is:
- June 1-July 31: Position advertisement posted and application period open
- September and October: Candidate reviews and interviews
- October and November: Final selection
- November 3: Ratification by the AIACC Board of Directors
- January 2018: New EVP begins, with a three-month overlap
- End of March 2018: Paul Welch, Jr., retires.
Stay tuned as additional information will be made available in regards to the process, schedule, job announcement, and other appropriate information. The original announcement may be found at http://www.aiacc.org/2017/03/07/paul-w-welch-jr-retiring-37-years/