Have you ever wondered what it would be like to serve the architectural profession as a member of the AIACC Board? What the process is about and how you could assist to help implement change and be part of the process? Well, if you’d like to be more engaged in your organization and of greater service to your profession, then there is no time like the present to run for one of the AIA/AIACC open offices. Elections will be held during the AIACC Board of Directors meeting Friday, November 3, 2017 at Stanford University in Stanford, CA during the AIACC Annual Board of Directors meeting.
Open Positions and Terms
1st Vice President/President Elect 2018
- Vice President of Strategic Planning and Research* 2018-2019
(See below for a full description as this is a new position on the Board of Directors.)
Vice President of Professional Practice 2018-2019
Vice President of the Academy for Emerging Professionals 2018-2019
AIA Regional Associate Director (RAD) 2018-2019
AIACC Young Architects Regional Director (YARD), South 2018-2019
AIACC Associate Director, North 2018-2019
AIACC Student Director, North 2018-2019
AIA Strategic Council Representative, California 2018-2020
No member of the AIACC Executive Committee shall engage in the endorsement, sponsorship or nomination of any candidate for AIACC office.
Thursday, August 3, 2017 – Call for nominations posted
Wednesday, August 30, 2017 – Nominations due (all positions)
Friday, September 1, 2017 – List of Nominees posted on AIACC’s website and
Friday, September 22, 2017 – Candidate materials due (photos, bios, philosophies)
Wednesday, September 27, 2017 – Publicity for confirmed Candidates posted on AIACC’s
website and included in Relevance
Friday, November 3, 2017 – Additional nominations (if any) from the floor
accepted during the AIACC Annual Board of Directors
Meeting at Stanford University, Stanford, CA
For nomination submission requirements and open position descriptions, please reference the attached pdf.
- Working collaboratively with the President Elect, facilitate the development, and updating, of the Long Range and Strategic Plans;
- Recommend and comment on particular strategies and tactics in development of the Annual Operating Plan and Budget;
- Monitor and report on the status of related strategic implementation initiatives
- Lead original AIACC surveys, research, or the development of “White Papers” of issues of strategic importance;
- Review and comment on industry research and related surveys, reports and studies
- Identification, developing, and monitoring organizations, and/or partnerships that may facilitate AIACC member service delivery and achievement of strategic goals and objectives.