The AIACC will soon be launching a page on aiacc.org through which we hope to share the wonders of architecture with the public. Among the sections will be listings of destinations, lodgings, and eateries of architectural interest. Some of these we can select categorically—for example, California members of Historic Hotels of America—but for the most part we are depending on your recommendations. Please let me know your favorite:
- Architecturally significant hotels, motels and other lodgings in California;
- Architecturally significant eateries in California; and
- Architectural destinations in California—that is, buildings worth a visit by (and open to) the public.
We will also be working to make the professional pages of the website more visually compelling, and to that end are collecting images that we can use to enliven non-building-specific articles. We are seeking your contributions here, as well. Please send us your photos that could appropriately accompany articles on the following topics:
- Business practices
- Contracts, negotiation, and the like
- Legal issues
- Codes or other regulatory issues
- Entitlement processes
Visit www.flickr.com/groups/aiaccphotorequest and click “Join This Group”. Click “Add Photo” to upload your image. We are looking for images big and small, but are in most need of images that are at least 650 pixels wide. Don’t forget to include your name in the description so we can properly credit your images!