More than 10 years ago, The Energy Efficiency Integration Awards Program was created by Savings By Design (SBD), to recognize architects who are leading the way to making energy efficiency standard practice; their clients who have made the commitment to build and operate efficient facilities; and the project’s consultants who actively involve themselves in the design process and guide the team to the most appropriate and efficient solutions.
In 2011, the AIACC in partnership with SBD is pleased to announce the recipients of these awards.
- Bacon Street Offices – ARCHITECTS Hanna Gabriel Wells, San Diego
- The Branson Commons – Turnbull, Griffin, Haesloop, San Francisco
- Ford Assembly Building – Marcy Wong Donn Logan Architects, Berkeley
- UC Riverside School of Medicine Research Building – SRG Partnership, San Francisco
Not just another “beauty contest,” the purpose of this award is to raise awareness of High Performance Buildings, which can be described as:
- employing early design decision-making that integrates architecture, technology, and natural systems,
- responding to climate uniqueness with appropriate design strategies,
- providing substantial energy savings while reducing building operation and maintenance costs,
- enhancing productivity of building occupants, and
- supporting building commissioning.
For more information about the Savings By Design program, click here.